Kids can make their own stamps!
We enjoyed this foam stamp activity with upcycling materials no longer we need at home. Using foam, we drew (carved) into it with a ballpoint pen, then glued plastic bottle caps (lid from a water bottle, a milk jar, and etc.) onto the back as a stamp handle. You might be able to use the styrofoam food containers too.
What you need
- Foam (You can use craft foam sheets, or the styrofoam food containers might work well too)
- Ballpoint pen
- Any plastic bottle caps (lid from a water bottle, a milk jar, and etc.)
- Hot melt glue gun
My son was so into the video game “Katamari Damacy Reroll” back then, so he drew the main character on the foam.
1. Use a ballpoint pen and draw on the foam. Like you are carving the foam, you can draw with more pressure.
2. Heat a hot melt glue gun and put the plastic bottle cap on the back of the foam.
3. Use the ink pad and enjoy it!