Dry Season and Rainy Season
We were learning about the grassland habitat, but we found out the savanna and the prairie are very different, even both are grassland. We studied them separately.
What We Used
- Books and videos about the savanna
- Animals in the savanna images from the internet or your drawings
- Color pencils, crayons or markers for drawing
- Letter size paper for drawing the savanna scenery
- Scissors for cutting out the animal images
I recommend using actual animal images, not the clip-arts, because most kids have never seen these animals except at the zoo.
Idea 1: Drawing scenery
After learning about the savanna from videos and books, draw the scenery.
Idea 2: Adding animals
Print out the small size of animal images from the internet, and cut them out. Place on the savanna scenery drawing.
Those trees are baobabs.
Resources for Learning Topics
Savanna Grassland Biome Facts (MooMoo Math and Science)
Lions 101 | Nat Geo Wild
African Elephant 🐘 | Amazing Animals
You can learn about both savanna and prairie.
San Diego Zoo introduces animals and plants living in the savanna. Very helpful!
Savanna related book list on epic! (Available on epic! Book)