We were learning about the grassland habitat, but we found out the savanna and the prairie are very different, even both are grassland. We studied them separately.
What you need
- Books and videos about the prairie
- Animals in the prairie images from the internet or your drawings
- Color pencils, crayons or markers for drawing
- Letter size paper for drawing the prairie scenery
- Scissors for cutting out the animal images
I recommend using actual animal images, not the clip-arts because most kids have never seen these animals except at the zoo.
Idea 1: After learning about the prairie from videos and books, draw the scenery.
Idea 2: Print out the small size of animal images from the internet, and cut them out. Place on the prairie scenery drawing.
Those trees are baobabs.
Resources for Learning Topics
Imagine American Prairie Reserve
Prairie Dog Snake Alarm | American Serengeti
Meet the American Bison! (SciShow Kids)
You can learn about both prairie and savanna.
San Diego Zoo introduces animals and plants living in the prairie and steppes. Very helpful!
Prairie related book list on epic! (Available on epic! Book)