Arctic habitat, Polar habitat, Tundra…
Which name should we use for this icy habitat? It was confusing learning about it as Arctic habitat, while other references called it “Polar habitat,” and still others called it “Tundra”…
What you need
- Books and videos about the Arctic habitat
- Animals in the Arctic habitat images from the internet or your drawings
- Color pencils, crayons or markers for drawing
- Letter size paper for drawing the Arctic habitat scenery
- Scissors for cutting out the animal images
I recommend using actual animal images, not the clip-arts because most kids have never seen these animals except at the zoo.
Idea 1: Drawing scenery
After learning about the Arctic habitat from videos and books, draw the scenery.
Idea 2: Adding animals
Print out the small size of animal images from the internet, and cut them out. Place on the Arctic habitat scenery drawing.
Resources for Learning Topics
Videos (Arctic habitat / Polar habitat / Tundra)
Polar Habitat (National Geographic Kids)
San Diego Zoo: Habitats (Tundra)
San Diego Zoo introduces animals and plants living in Tundra. Very helpful!
Arctic Habitat related book list on epic! (Available on epic! Book)
Featured Photo by Willian Justen de Vasconcellos on Unsplash
Leave a Reply