We have visited the forest, so this habitat was the easiest for my son to picture what it looks like. We were fortunate to see deer while hiking in the forest. We also saw some squirrels and many birds.
What you need
- Books and videos about the temperate forest habitat
- Animals in the temperate forest habitat images from the internet or your drawings
- Color pencils, crayons or markers for drawing
- Letter size paper for drawing the temperate forest habitat scenery
- Scissors for cutting out the animal images
I recommend using actual animal images, not the clip-arts because most kids have never seen these animals except at the zoo.
Idea 1: Drawing scenery
After learning about the temperate forest habitat from videos and books, draw the scenery.
Idea 2: Adding animals
Print out the small size of animal images from the internet, and cut them out. Place on the temperate forest habitat scenery drawing.
Resources for Learning Topics
Videos (Temperate forest)
Experience the Magic of Redwood National Park | Short Film Showcase
Temperate Deciduous Forest-World Biomes
Disneynature Bears | Brown Bear Facts
Spotted Owl | Amazing Animals
San Diego Zoo introduces animals and plants living in the temperate forest. Very helpful!
Temperate forest Habitat related book list on epic! (Available on epic! Book)