Easy Craft Ideas for Preschoolers
He grew up with two cats since he was born, so everything he wants to read was picture books with cat characters. The cat in the hat, Pete the Cat, Splat the Cat, Have You Seen My Cat? Harry Cat and Tucker Mouse, and so on! He LOVES cats! We had some pipe cleaners and a cardboard box at home, so we did this craft activity by drawing his favorite animals, CATS!
What We Used
- Cardboard box
- Pipe cleaners
- Sharpies or markers
- A small screwdriver or ice pick
Step by Step
- Just draw a bunch of cats on the cardboard box with sharpies or markers. Hanging out cat, stretching cat, having a birthday cat, etc…. any kind! Your kids draw too! (My son didn’t like drawing back then.)
- Use a small screwdriver or ice pick, then carefully make a hole for the tail on each cat. (**Please be careful! Let the grownup do this part!!)
- Push pipe cleaners in each hole and make a small knot on the back, so that it doesn’t come out.
- Make a shape of each cat tail and voila!
He enjoyed changing tails’ shapes and moved them with the knot on the back. I didn’t try, but I thought we can make a book with a cat’s story with this.