Primary colors, Black and White Paints
We had fun with color mixing with Play-Doh when my son was in preschool. We enjoyed this activity by mixing paints. We used primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) and black and white paints to make grey or add some shades.
What We Used
- Paint (We used tempera paints) Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, and White
- Printed out “Color Mixing” Worksheet (Please download it below)
- Water in the jar
- Paint palette
- Paper towels or rag for cleaning
Free Download PDF
Color mixing Activity for Kids_PDF_Spongykids
Step by Step
- First, we prepared the paints on the paint palette. We used Red, Blue, Yellow, Black and White paints.
2. We used this color mixing worksheet (You can download it above). This worksheet shows which color you added together. That is why there are plus signs and equal signs.
Before you mix the colors, paint the two circles with the colors you picked. After mixing them on the palette, paint the last circle right next to the equal sign with mixed color so that you can see the result later easily.
Here is the example. (My son’s mixing)
Leave a Reply